All our youth programs, activities and events are designed and delivered to support young people to develop a strong sense of self-worth and belonging. Our outcomes are focused on self-determination, empowerment, and an increased feeling of belonging to community, family, and school.
We provide young people aged 12 - 24 years opportunities to develop and partake in activities and programs that cater to their needs, interests and strengths. These include:
- Information, Advice and Referrals
- Youth Safe Spaces
- School Engagement Programs
- Essentials Program
- Life skills programs (including employability skills)
- Love Bites
- Love Bites Junior
- RAGE (Re-navigating Anger and Guilty Emotions)
- Managing The Bull
- Tuning In To Teens (TINT)
Give us a call on 02 9626 5312 for more information on our youth programs.
FOLLOW US ON
YOUTH PROGRAMS' BROCHURE
INFORMATION, ADVICE AND REFERRALS
- General information about support services
- Information on issues that impact young people
- Referral for support for assistance
YOUTH SAFE SPACE
We provide safe spaces for young people to access information, advice and support. These are held in various locations across Blacktown including local high schools.
We host and attend events which;
- Raise awareness of issues impacting young people
- Celebrate young people
- Connect young people to their community, services and each other
We have organised and hosted events to celebrate and raise awareness of;
- Youth Week
- 16 Days of Activism
- Harmony Week
- International Women's Day
- Refugee Week
- R U OK Day
If you would like to see photos from past events, click below.
SCHOOL ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM
Our School Engagement Program is designed to encourage responsibility, leadership, problem solving, resilience and collaboration. It is delivered in local high schools and each session runs for approximately one hour.
Topics covered include (but are not limited to):
- Healthy Relationships
- Personal Hygiene
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Assaults and Bullying
- Gaming and Gambling
We provide personal hygiene and school supply products to individuals and families that are experiencing hardship.
If you would like to donate or access our essentials program please contact us.
Our Life Skills Programs are designed to support young people through knowledge-based programs and workshops aimed at increasing their skill and confidence.
These can include (but are not limited to):
- School Excursions to our centres
- Event Planning mentoring sessions
- Resume Writing & Interviewing Skills Workshops
A respectful relationships education program that focuses on the development of respectful relationships for 15-17 year olds.
This can be delivered in with a single day or multisession format which focuses on;
- Relationships and 'The Line'
- Relationships, Sex and Consent
- Making Change, Speaking Up and Speaking Out
- Creative Session
LOVE BITES JUNIOR
A respectful relationships education program that focuses on the development of respectful relationships for 11-14 year olds.
The Love Bites Junior Program consists of 3 programs which we deliver year by year:
- Year 7 (#friends)
- Year 8 (Respectful Relationships, Bullying & Gender)
- Year 9 (Relationships, Love & Control)
RAGE (RE-NAVIGATING ANGER AND GUILTY EMOTIONS)
A strengths-based anger management program for 11-17 year olds delivered over 6 weeks in 2 hour sessions.
The RAGE program supports the understanding of
Anger as a normal human emotion
- The 4 types of anger
- Know your triggers
- The consequences of uncontrolled anger
- Thinking before you act
- Anger is an attitude of choice
- Transforming anger into potential
- Time to change
MANAGING THE BULL
A six week course designed to build resilience in bullied teens through games, activities and discussions.
We support young people to learn how to:
- Recognise bullying
- Discover inner strengths
- Build self esteem
- Communicate effectively
- Deal with cyber bullying
- Build support networks
- Use personal protection plans
TUNING IN TO TEENS (TINT)
A program for parents of young people aged 10-18. This 6 week course teaches parents to remain close and maintain communication with their teens through emotional coaching.
COMING SOON! STAY TUNED
YOUTH PROGRAM EVENTS